Our modern Western culture has turned our food, land, and health into economic commodities. We know less about where our food comes from or how it is produced; we watch the land being destroyed by mining, chemical run-off, trees being cut down, concrete spread over, and development springing up; our connection to the earth is distant at best; even our spirituality is sold to us on Easter and Christmas. We’ve lost knowledge about ourselves, about how to take care of our health, giving up the responsibility to prevent and care for our own illnesses to doctors and synthetic pharmaceuticals motivated by greed and money. Heart disease, diabetes and cancers are rampant in our society today. The imbalances we see around us and forced to be part of everyday manifest inside of us causing various dis-eases. Everything is connected. The air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat, our connection to the land and nature; we affect all these things and all these things affect us.
- She’s a Genius for Honey Bees | OnEarth Magazine
- S. 510: FDA Food Safety Modernization Act
- My General Philosophy of Health, Healing and Herbalism
- Striving to Practice Western Herbalism
- Impacts of Food Production on the Earth’s Environment: Vegetarian Diet and Sustainable Agriculture vs. Non-vegetarian Diet and Conventional/Industrial Agriculture
February 2018 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28